Inclusive roaming services on HardSoft’s mobile tariffs have been built for business users who travel periodically, and not those who roam across foreign networks on a semi-permanent or permanent basis.
To make sure all of our customers use the mobile plans fairly, we will monitor usage for four-month period for each mobile service used.
We will consider the following points when assessing your usage:
- Use in Roam Like at Home (RLAH) destinations will be reviewed against usage in the UK and outside RLAH destinations.
- Proof of domestic presence within the UK
- If a customer uses their mobile in destinations outside the UK that qualify for inclusive access to standard bundles (this includes those countries that qualify for daily roaming services such as World Travel Select and/or legislation such as Roam Like At Home), for more than 60% of the time in any four-month rolling period, we will notify the customer to confirm what we have noticed.
If a customer’s usage continues to exceed 60% as described above over the subsequent four-week period following the first notification, HardSoft will an explanation from the customer for the usage over the relevant period. If no suitable explanation is received, HardSoft may apply charges in line with your tariff.
HardSoft unlimited bundles are truly unlimited where usage is appropriate to subscription type. Inappropriate usage would be considered as the following:
- Any usage outside normal commercial practice
- Any usage made via automated means (also see Gateway/AIT FUP)
- Any usage that damages or impairs the hosting network
- Any usage considered fraudulent, abusive, illegal or a nuisance
- Data usage where users regularly tether to 12 or more devices or have used 650GB of data twice within a 6 month period
- Data usage where roaming outside of the UK and exceeding more than 25GB within a single billing period.
We may investigate usage in order to ascertain whether your unlimited usage is in line with these guidelines. In the event inappropriate usage is determined then we reserve the right to restrict services, adjust the plan or terminate the agreement based on the severity of the misuse.
Gateways/Artificially Inflated Traffic (AIT)
HardSoft does not allow SIMs to be used in any equipment which enables the routing of calls or data (including, without limitation, text or picture messages) from fixed apparatus or standard devices to mobile equipment, by establishing a mobile to mobile call or transmission. Nor does it allow the use of any equipment which enables the sending of bulk SMS, voice or data services. HardSoft reserves the right to suspend without notice should we believe that such equipment is being used. During suspension, the liability for any access charges or calls will rest with the partner.
In line with Roam Like At Home legislation, we have introduced a Fair Usage Policy to ensure end user allowances are being used for purpose whilst roaming.
Inclusive roaming services on our mobile tariffs have been built for business users who travel periodically, and not those who roam across foreign networks on a semi-permanent or permanent basis.
If a customer uses their mobile in destinations outside the UK that qualify for inclusive access to standard bundles
(this includes those countries that qualify for daily roaming services such as World Travel Select and/or legislation such as Roam Like At Home), for more than 50% of the time in any four-month rolling period, they can expect to receive a communication requesting a moderation of roaming services.
If a customer’s usage continues to exceed 50%, as described above, over the two-week period following the first notification, HardSoft reserves the right to either charge customers for this excessive usage or bar roaming services. Customers will be notified before any action is taken.
Subject to change
Our tariffs are subject to change. HardSoft will ensure at least 30 days’ notice is given before any changes take effect.