Whether you are using an On-Premise server or Office 365 your network PC’s should be attached to a Directory Service so that you have some control who can login. That way you have control over passwords and the device if a staff member leaves. Below are instructions to attach your device onto a Directory Service.
- When the device is first switched on, it should already have a local user the password will be 5n0rkEL$
- The first thing to do is attach to your server account
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app. Navigate to Accounts -> Access work or school, and then click Connect on the right side.
- In the popup window, either click on the “Join this device to a local Active Directory domain” if you have a local On-Premise server
- or “Join the device to Azure Active Directory” for Microsoft Office 365 users.
- Type the Active Directory domain name XXXXXX.local for On-Premise server or Type in the users email address for Office 365 and click Next.
- If prompted enter the user name and password for your domain account, and click OK.
- Select your Account type to continue. You’ll need to restart to complete the process of joining Windows 10 to Active Directory domain.
- Now you can sign in with the users credentials
- Open Microsoft office and sign in with the users email address and email password.
- If you have an On-Premise Server the mapped drives should auto connect and be displayed in Windows Explorer
- Antivirus can be installed by requesting a link from email@example.com
If you need help with your network, give our expert technical engineers a call on 020 7111 1643 or log a support ticket at https://hardsoft-support.kayako.com/en-gb