Microsoft Office is now generally licenced via subscription and your Microsoft Office 365 package.
If you have either a Microsoft 365 Standard or Apps for Business you can follow the instructions below to install and activate Microsoft Office on your computer.
Alternatively, you can purchase a boxed Microsoft Office 2019 for which instructions for this are on the box.
- Go to www.office.com and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account will be a work or school account if prompted.
- After signing in, click the “Install Office” icon top right of the screen displayed, and choose “Office 365 Apps”.
This will download the Microsoft installer.
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The install begins:
Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
- To open an Office app, select the Start button (lower-left corner of your screen) and type the name of an Office app, like Word.
- To open the Office app, select its icon in the search results.
- When the Office app opens, accept the license agreement. Office is activated and ready to use.
Add an email account to Outlook
- Open the program Microsoft Outlook by selecting the Start button (lower-left corner of your screen) and type the name Outlook and select it.
Enter your email address into the box displayed and click Connect
When prompted, enter your password, then select OK / Finish to start using your email account in Outlook.
Note. If Outlook opens without prompting then please Select File > Add Account.
For more help with Microsoft Office get in touch with our technical support team on 020 7111 1643 or log a support ticket here https://hardsoft-support.kayako.com/en-gb