Our latest newsletter is now available to download . As well as updating you on events happening at HardSoft Computers there is an exclusive offer with FREE Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac or Office Standard 2010 for PC on new lease order. There is an offer code that you can use within the newsletter. Our standard upgrade of Windows 7 Professional and Office for Windows will continue to be shipped on all new leased Apple Macs shipped throughout May 2011. If you need further details on any of these offers or have an order to place to lease two or more units then contact us and see what sort of deal we can do for the mad month of May. The following £100 cashback is available on request of a voucher.
May Offers at HardSoft
Andrew loves computers and the way the market is evolving to a 'pay as you go' model against the old methodology of CapEx spending. A background of sourcing lease financing for Start Up businesses means he is perfectly place to provide insightful commentary on computing for new businesses.
If you are considering buying IT equipment, such as tablets or laptops, for your school, you’ll be looking for the best deal for your funds. You may be surprised to learn that leasing is actually cheaper than buying and there are more advantages to leasing too. Such as:
- It frees up your capital – when you lease your IT you don’t have to use your capital funds as a lump sum to purchase them, or upgrading at a later date. Being able to spread the cost enables you to use your funds elsewhere and payments can be deferred to suit your needs.
- It comes with technical support – you will have access to our technical support team throughout the period of your lease. Our technicians are trained to an extremely high standard with expert authorisation and knowledge on both Apple and PC platforms. We are available to assist you with synchronising and maintaining your devices from the moment they are delivered.
- Free training is available – if you or your staff require training on your Apple iPads or laptops, or need some advice on the best apps to use in education, one of our qualified trainers will come to your school and deliver a program of training – FREE of charge – which will be tailored to your needs. This can cover iPad basics, right through to specifics of education related apps, Once your trainer has visited you, they will continue to work closely with you in order to ensure your iPads are fully utilised in the classrooms.
- Accidental Damage Insurance – each lease to a school has specialist comprehensive insurance cover. This means that any Apple iPad or Windows device you have which is accidentally damaged, will be fixed or replaced at no cost to your school. It costs around £150 to repair the screen of an iPad which has been dropped, but with our insurance you are covered and will NO excess to pay.
- You get a full 3 year warranty as standard – all Apple iPads that you lease will come with a 3 year warranty so that you’re covered. Should you have an issue with an iPad, we will swap it for a replacement to ensure you have the minimum of down time at no additional cost to your budget.
- Renewal and Upgrade at the end of lease – at the end of our normal 3 year lease term we will provide you with the option to return the iPads you have and cancel the original lease, provided that you take out a new lease on the latest iPads. You can keep the original iPads if you choose to do so, however there is a small fee payable in order to do this.
Here at HardSoft we offer operating leases to schools which are recommended by the Department for Education. When you choose to lease from HardSoft you will be benefiting from the experience an expertise of an IT company with 30 years of trading and dealing in finance.
- Organise paperwork
- Supply your equipment
- Install the equipment and train staff as necessary
- Provide expert technical support for the duration of the lease
- Manage any incidents of broken, damaged or lost equipment
If you think that leasing IT equipment would make sense for your school, give our Head Office education team a call on 020 7111 1643, they will be happy to advise and arrange a quotation for you tailored to your requirements.
At Hardsoft, we have more accountancy firms among our clients than any other type of business. When it comes to the financially-savvy, accountants are a class apart, so who better than an accountant to provide an expert opinion on leasing computer equipment?
In order to shed light on what can be a potentially confusing area, we’ve spoken to chartered accountant Tony Crisp, a partner at Harlow-based accountancy firm Giess Wallis Crisp LLP. With over 40 years’ experience advising small and medium-sized businesses, GWC cover the full range of general practitioner services including accounts, audits, taxation, book-keeping and payroll for corporate clients, sole traders and partnerships.
Here, Tony answers our questions about the financial pros and cons of leasing business computers.
Why do so many accountancy firms lease their computers?
Tony Crisp: “From an accountant’s point of view, leasing is attractive for two main reasons. Firstly, it’s the lack of upfront deposits and payments. Leasing is a low-cost way of acquiring capital equipment, like computers, without an immediate cash outlay, which you would get if you bought them outright. And even with a hire purchase arrangement, usually there’s a fairly substantial deposit upfront. So cashflow is one of the most critical things.
“The second reason is that accountants like consistency and evenness with their finances. Leasing allows you to spread the cost of an asset over its useful life, so as the asset you’re using pays back to you, you’re paying out to purchase it nice and evenly. There’s no big monetary outlay followed by several years of payback, instead the outflow of money is evenly spread along the same lifetime as the asset.”
Do you recommend computing leasing to many of your clients?
TC: “Yes, generally we do, particularly from a financial point of view. What’s good for us is good for them in most cases. The lack of a significant upfront payment followed by the even flow of the cost is equally attractive to clients. It introduces flexibility that isn’t always there with loans, so yes, it is something we would recommend for that reason.”
How much money can a business save in tax by leasing their computers?
TC: “The reality is you don’t save any tax, but what you do get to do however, which is equally important, is to defer and spread the tax. You get tax relief whether you buy computers outright, buy them on hire purchase or buy them through a lease, but it’s when the tax relief is given that makes the difference.
“With computer leasing, tax relief is given evenly throughout the life of the lease. On the other hand, with an outright purchase, you get all the tax relief upfront but then none in the following years. Leasing provides an even spread of tax relief as opposed to peaks and troughs, which small and medium-sized businesses don’t always cope with well. It’s much easier to allow for an even spread of anything, so that’s what I like about the leasing tax relief approach.”
Is computer leasing easier to do than a lot of people think?
TC: “Oh, absolutely. Hardsoft make it very easy to lease computers and it has the added advantage that your technology is up to date. These days, the amount of hacking that goes on means that if you don’t have up to date hardware and software, you are vulnerable.
“Computer leasing generates a more regular updating of equipment at a spread-out cost than when businesses buy them outright. The way Hardsoft enable businesses to lease computers, you avoid the obsolescence of old kit a lot more easily.”
Are there any other advantages to leasing computers over buying them?
TC: “Securing a loan from a bank can be tricky for small to medium-sized businesses, and leasing contracts can be easier to obtain, more flexible and quicker to arrange. It can be easier to get a leasing contract than it is a full-blown loan arrangement if you’re buying a lot of kit at once.”
Are there any disadvantages to leasing computers?
TC: “It could be argued that the lack of a fixed asset on your balance sheet is a disadvantage but I think that’s pretty marginal. Generally, computer equipment isn’t high enough in value for that to be a significant disadvantage.
“Other than that, if a business particularly wanted upfront tax relief, then computer leasing may not be best option. They would have to buy the equipment and own it, which you generally can’t do with most straight, off-the-shelf leasing arrangements, as you don’t ever own the asset. I think those are probably the only two disadvantages there are.”
Can any business benefit from leasing their computer equipment?
TC: “Yes, absolutely. I don’t think there are any particular niches or market sectors that have an advantage or a disadvantage over any others, so no, I think it can apply to all. And all the advantages of computer leasing would apply to all.”
If you’d like to find out more about how computer leasing could benefit your business, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today on 0207 111 1643.
We all know just how quickly technology moves on. In this day and age children are always looking for the next video game console or smartphone (and let’s be honest, most of us adults are too), but as soon as you buy one Xbox or iPhone a new and improved version is announced. And then it’s on to the next thing. It can certainly be hard to keep up.
It sure can be expensive, too. In the same way that a new car depreciates in value as soon as you drive it off the lot, the truth is that technological equipment suffers the same fate. It’s expensive enough to buy new, but when you factor in that you’ll probably have to buy the next ‘thing’ soon after, while getting nowhere near what you paid for it if you try and sell, then bank balances are bound to be stretched to near breaking point.
For anyone managing a school’s finances, you’ll know all about the trials and tribulations of maintaining your technological equipment on a tight budget. So instead of buying, just why is leasing PCs, laptops and other equipment a more beneficial choice for schools?
Your school will always be up-to-date
Not only will technological equipment become outdated, it will eventually become obsolete. This could mean that the computer programs school children are using to work on may not even exist in a year or two, leaving them needing to learn entirely new practices when moving on to the next educational level.
When you lease, you ensure that your school completely skips the financial strains which obsolescence presents as the burden remains with your equipment leasing company. So if you find you’re stuck with 100 plus PCs, laptops or Macs that are falling behind the times, you can simply upgrade to the newest and fastest equipment as soon as your existing lease expires, all at a price that suits your budget.
From the Macbook Air to the latest HP Probook 450 laptops, the Lenovo Thinkcentre to the new, thin iMac, it couldn’t be easier to keep up and ahead of the times. Hardsoft offers you the opportunity to renew your lease with options to return or retain your old equipment, too, so you could even sell on the equipment you’re looking to replace.
Your school’s expenses are predictable and easily manageable
When planning a school budget you always have to account for the repairing and maybe even replacing of your technological equipment. The financial woes are not true for schools who lease, as instead they have a pre-determined monthly fee which often includes equipment maintenance.
If you were to buy a line of Apple Macs from Apple directly, your warranty would only be for one year, with the possibility of extra options. Hardsoft, on the other hand, offers inclusive warranty and support for three years, plus enhancements for loan units and insurance.
Fixed weekly or monthly fees allow you to best utilise your budget in other areas, so when it comes to your technology just leave it to your leasing provider.
Your school will always be ahead of its rivals
Leasing can enable your school to acquire the most sophisticated equipment available within your budget, allowing you to stay ahead of the game and rival schools without draining your financial resources.
You may even consider leasing technological equipment that your school hadn’t considered before. For example, Hardsoft has teamed up with Apple to offer iPad leasing packages for schools. These packages can be completely tailored for your school, and all of them come with an Apple Learning Lab – a unique and innovative piece of equipment allowing you to transport, charge and manage up to 30 iPads at once using the Apple Mobile Device Management system. As it’s so convenient to move the iPads around and charge them, you may only need one iPad package to cater for your entire school body.
Many schools are already benefiting from some of the amazing leasing packages that are available. If you need any help or advice, do get in touch on 0207 111 1643 or email Hardsoft at email@example.com.
Lately our blogs have had a bit of a virus focus. With Crypto virus rearing its ugly head- so many of our customers are suffering We want to help you to protect yourselves against malware. Virus’ are spending and updating so quickly, it is imperative that you keep on top of your protection. Because of this, Hiscox UK are now offering Cyber and data risks insurance, we are interested, are you??
Larger companies with dedicated IT staff and firewalls are much more difficult to target than smaller companies. Hackers are no longer sitting in a dark room tapping away for each hack, they write programmes that can run at the touch of a button. As smaller companies are the ideal target, it is so important that you are covered.
What is Cyber and data risks insurance? This is a specialised insurance aimed at small to medium sized businesses (SME’s) offering support and resolutions to malware problems. If you are the target of a virus or data breech, Hiscox are able to come in and help you to control the fallout.
Who would need it? If you fall in to the following categories, Cyber and data risks insurance could benefit you.
- Computers are used in the day to day running of your company
- If your business has it’s own website
- Your company stores and handles sensitive cline data such as address’ and telephone numbers
- Payments are made to your business via the internet.
If your company is hacked or subject to a virus you could be in danger of data loss, data being stolen for malicious reasons, computers out of action, spreading the virus to your clients and taking your website out of action. All of this will impact your business costing you legally, regulatory, and damaging your reputation.
How Hiscox could help… Should the worst occur, this is how Hiscox can be on hand to help you.
- Hiscox will assist with financial compensation for any lost business and business interruption.
- Breach costs, offering support in the event of a data breach including forensic investigations, legal advice, notifying your customers and any regulators that you are affiliated with. They will also be available to credit monitor all affected clients and customers.
- Dealing with Ransomware costs. Specialist risk managers will be employed to negotiate and cover the cost of the ransom.
- Repair costs. For all servers, data and programs affected by hackers.
- A team of experts will be on hand to help you fight the virus and recover lost data. Technicians who are highly trained to combat the virus.
- Exclusive access to a worldwide legal team.
- Hiscox eRiskHub– Unlimited access to all sorts of resources and tools to keep your protection up to date, understand what your exposure is and have a response plan ready.
- 24/7 Crisis containment available. Protect your reputation! The accountant online has recently reported that 83% of consumers are concerned about who has hold of their data and that (53%) say they would be “discouraged” to use a business again if a breach came to light. Having this speciality insurance will only serve to reinforce your reputation. Mistakes are easily made! If you are subject to an attack, Hiscox has the PR to contain and ensure your clients still have confidence in you. They can handle all of the public relations, whilst you continue to run your business.
Many SME’s are aware of the threat of cyber attacks, but do not do enough to cover against them. Sadly, even if your company is fully covered and up to date with their anti- virus protection, they can still be targeted. With virus’ developing and changing so quickly, your protection may not have anticipated the next development.
One of the key benefits of leasing, is the continued support offered to our customers. This month you can Cloud Backup has been included in to our freebies. Data stored in the cloud is safer than data stored on a server. For more information on Ransomware, check out our latest blog. Our highly trained technical staff are available for help and support on 0207 111 1643 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a quote to lease a Mac or any Apple leasing, contact our helpful sales team HERE.