Vectorworks and Apple are among the very best at what they do in their respective fields… together, they represent the ultimate Apple & CAD solution for creative clients . If you lease either Architect 2011 or Renderworks 2011 with a new Mac before 31st January 2011 then HardSoft customers can enjoy FREE day’s Vectorworks Essential 1 or 2 training worth £199. The ultimate Apple and CAD solution is from Vectorworks and has been for nearly 20 years. HardSoft are an Authorised Reseller and specialise in leasing to business users in the UK and Eire.
Free Vectorworks training
Andrew loves computers and the way the market is evolving to a 'pay as you go' model against the old methodology of CapEx spending. A background of sourcing lease financing for Start Up businesses means he is perfectly place to provide insightful commentary on computing for new businesses.
Microsoft Office 365 is three years old now yet very few users are adopting it and prefer to stick with the ‘boxed’ versions of Office 2013 for PC or Office 2011 for Mac. After this rocky start, with some recent tweaks Microsoft Office 365 looks set to be one of Microsoft’s most important products ever.
It’s taken us a while to be convinced here as its been seen as an on-line version with constant subscription costs. But the new revision is great and a true successor to Office 2013 ‘supplied in a box’. Gone is the need to solely use the online versions of applications, which required broadband speeds most small business’ could only dream of, and in comes a great collaboration tool that comes with of all the newest favourites like Word, Excel and Access- all loaded locally on your hard drive but with the ability to share your documents with others and your own other devices.
Here’s 8 reasons you should think about upgrading to Office 365….
1. Office 365 gets you more Office for your money –Each Microsoft Office user licence gives you 5 installs for your PC, Laptop or Apple Mac as well as 5 installs for your iPad or smartphone including an iPhone. Your current office requires a licence per machine, meaning if you have a PC at the office, a laptop at home and an iPad you would have to buy 3 licences! Ans its the full suite of Microsoft Office – inc Access.
2. Easing the strain for IT – The analysts at Gartner estimate that up to 80% of your company’s IT budget is spent on just maintaining your existing IT infrastructure. By putting less strain on your network, letting Microsoft’s Servers do the hard work Office 365 could help reduce your existing IT budget by up to 20% (click on the following link to see how Heinz saved up to 20% with Microsoft Office 365 –
3. Reduce your IT hardware requirements with Office 365 – An Office 365 subscription gives you the benefit of Exchange Online, Lync Online and Sharepoint Online meaning you can reduce the capacity of your Server. That means in simple terms means you dont need to buy Microsoft Exchange Server any longer which is on average £55 per client license plus the Server install and License. Microsoft’s Servers will host your data on their server’s in their dedicated data centres which are manned 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
4. Microsoft Office for iPad – Apple’s behemoth finally gets an appearance from Microsoft’s Office with a 365 subscription. Microsoft have recently launched completely redesigned iPad applications for Excel, Powerpoint
and Word. As mentioned before the subscription also allows you to install Office on up to 5 PC’s/Mac and up to 5 mobile devices (including iPads). The free version on the Apple Store does not let you create documents only read them.
5. Are you using DropBox Pro? – If you are currently paying a monthly subscription for cloud storage options like DropBox, Office 365 will be of great interest. Did you know that compatible Office 365 subscriptions also include OneDrive for Business, where each user will have 1TB of cloud storage. That’s 5 times more than Dropbox Pro, at only twice the price and remember you get all the Office Apps as well. Compatible Office 365 subscription also include Sharepoint Online, where you can set up team sites for people to access company documents and collaborate on documents together at the same time.
6. Do you use WebEx? – if you’re paying for WebEx for facilities such as web conferencing and HD video, compatible Office 365 subscriptions give you Lync Online, providing you with the same WebEx functionality.
7. Still using Office 2003 ? – Are you still using Office 2003? Are you aware that from April 2014 technical support and updates for Office 2003 ended and as well as being at greater risk from viruses or malware you could fail an audit or compliance check as you’re using an unsupported version of Office ? Office 365 includes a Spam Filter that could mean you could cancel existing subscriptions to Sophoes, Spamfighter or another third party anti-spam tool.
8. Costs less than you think- A three year subscription with HardSoft for Microsoft Office 365 Small Business Premium is £2.50 plus VAT per week on lease per user, which gives you 5 PC/Mac Installs and 5 Mobile device installs, the equivalent Office 2013 Professional licences would cost £6.50+VAT per week and that doesn’t include anything for your iPad. For network customers HardSoft recommend Office 365 Midsize Business, which for a 5 user licence is £15 plus VAT per week or £17 plus VAT per week with full remote installation and data migration management. Midsize business differs slightly in the way it works on a Network. PLUS you don’t need to buy a new Server to get the features of the latest Microsoft Exchange 2013 as its all included.
HardSoft have been leasing hardware for many many years and are the goto company for all IT leasing and the business concept of renting hardware is well known now. Microsoft like Adobe with Creative Cloud is joining the trend to ‘rent’ software rather than offer it as a one off cost.HardSoft will continue to offer software leasing on both boxed Microsoft software and MOLP licensing but Office 365 is probably the gap that Microsoft have filled.
All of the sales guys at HardSoft were literally dragged into a meeting with MicroSoft to see the benefits of Office 365. BUT the sales team left the meeting very excited which is odd as software generally is not that exciting. ONLY NEGATIVE IS that Microsoft host the data stored in either Ireland or the Netherlands so if you have a need by way of some compliance to have data based in the UK then DO NOT GET 365 !
It has been a big push on Renewals here at HardSoft this week! So, what are they and how do they work? Probably the best part of a HardSoft Flexible Finance Lease is the ability to Renew the lease to the latest kit while not paying for the first lease when you do.
It has also never been better with the introduction of trade in’s which means you can now do a straight swap of kit and give back your old machine to get a discount on the new lease going forward. This is of course not your only choice (it isn’t called flexi lease for nothing) you can upgrade to any new kit of your choice while keeping all the old equipment.
Let’s run you through the reality of this process with a few examples of our latest renewals this month…
One Customer currently pays £10.80 + Vat per week for a 13” MacBook Pro, he has had this lease now for just over 2 years, he can get the latest 13” for £9.90 + Vat per week by RETURNING his old MacBook Pro, this has allowed him to get the latest kit and reduce his monthly expense.
Another Customer has opted to take 2 new Apple iMac 21.5” Machines with an Adobe CS6 upgrade from his previous CS4, as part of this he RETAINS his old MacBook Pro’s and that original CS4 License for Adobe. What has this cost him for 4 Machines with the latest Adobe you ask? Well, his Previous payment was £37.75 + Vat per week and he now Pays £41.30 + Vat per week… an increase of only £3.55 + Vat per week.
If you want to know more about a lease with HardSoft give us a call and if you think that all important Renewal is due why not ask me and we can get you a quote. Email email@example.com for further details.
As an Authorised Wacom Reseller, HardSoft Computers have brought this range into our product line as the perfect add-on for Apple iMac, Apple Mac Pro and PC Graphics Workstation users. The Wacom range enables users to get the best of their Creative Suite, or similar, software; especially Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
The portable Wacom Cintiq 12WX allows users to neatly fit this on their desk and use almost as a sketchbook. Available on a Flexi-Lease from Hardsoft Computers, it’s cost is £7.80 + VAT per week on a 3 Year Flexible Lease. The larger Wacom Cintiq 21UX is impressively easy to use. The new Grip Pen and Expresskeys function enables you to work quickly and accurately. The Cintiq 21UX has a large 21.3” Anti Glare TFT display which reclines for 65 to 10 degress and rotates 180 degrees for either portrait or landscape orientation. Slightly more expensive than its smaller sister, it is £14.80 + VAT per week on lease.
The latest addition being the Wacom Cintiq 24HD uses the same technology as The new Apple iPad giving you a massive 24-inch 1920 x 1200 widescreen IPS panel. The Cintiq 24HD floats in any position from above your lap to a stand up position depending how creative you feel. The Wacom Cintiq 24HD has excellent performance with no lag or delay between drawing and calibration. Its smooth and fast and may even be better than drawing on paper.
All three of the Wacom Cintiq range interact perfectly with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and many other paint programs. Hardsoft Computers continue to offer all the best peripherals and software for your Apple Mac or PC on a unique Flexible Lease Finance Scheme that allows you to pay just one month upfront and change the equipment every 2 years. Coupling this with a full telephone and remote technical support desk based in the UK you will never have any costly repair bills. For Graphics Professionals the Wacom Cintiq is not an option it’s a MUST. For a quote or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01279 718 693. With a Retail Store now OPEN in Cheshire Street (just off Brick Lane) feel free to pop in and have a chat with one of our Flexi-Lease Sales People!
So it is that annual event when Adobe update their Creative Suite products. .. As ever HardSoft Computers will be supplying the latest version of
Adobe on a three year lease. We anticipate that the RRP of the product is unlikely to change at this time (meaning you could acquire Adobe CS6 Design Premium for as little as £9.50 + VAT per week on a flexible software lease).
Why wait though? You might need Photoshop or Dreamweaver for that all important project today, the last thing you want is to wait another month (maybe longer) to get your hands on your required product, but equally you don’t want to get CS5.5 knowing CS6 is just around the corner.
Adobe have clearly given this some thought and you will be pleased to know if you lease Adobe CS5.5 on a HardSoft lease today you can register your purchase with Adobe diret to gain a Free upgrade to CS6 on its release ! Any product purchased between the 26th of March and 6th of May will be eligible and the only cost is that of postage to get the dvd media.
Are you a user of Adobe CS5 or CS4 ? Then you could also get a CS5.5 upgrade which would stand to save you 80% or 45% respectively on the cost of your CS6 Design Suite. And you still get the free upgrade.
So if you are thinking of getting Adobe in your studio contact us now to get a quote and discuss how leasing Adobe CS6 from HardSoft can help you, remember unlike most of our competitors we can facilitate a lease with a higher percentage of software than hardware and in some cases could even do a 100% software lease to established businesses.